Due to the rising number of coronavirus cases in our area, all Chinese classes will be conducted remotely next 2 Sundays (3/8, 3/15). Culture classes that cannot be conducted remotely are canceled.
Because this is a fast-moving and ever-changing situation, we will be diligent in following official recommendations by the CDC and/or local/state authorities. Please stay tuned for further information from the school’s safety team regarding reopening the school.
HXNYC Safety Committee
Because the safety and well-being of all our students, teachers and families are our top priority, we recommend following the precautionary measures and guidelines recommended by the CDC to help keep your family healthy and prevent the spread of the virus:
● Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer
● Keep your children away from others who are sick
● Please keep your children home if they are ill
● Teach children to cough and sneeze into their arm or elbow, not their hands
● Clean and disinfect household objects and surfaces in your home
● Avoid travel to destinations where the outbreak is prevalent or known
Below are some useful resources from CDC
Interim Guidance for Preventing 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) from Spreading to Others in Homes and Communities
Coronavirus Prevention and Treatment