Huaxia New York Central Chinese School (HXNYC) is proud to be a part of the Westchester community. We endeavor to give back to the community that embraces our school.
For over a decade, HXNYC has been partnering with Westchester Community College in our joint pursuit to promote cross-culture exchanges among local communities and to serve as a Chinese cultural center in Westchester County.
Since 1996 HXNYC has been serving as a center for Chinese language education and culture enrichment in the greater Hudson Valley, from Fairfield County in Connecticut to Putnam and Rockland Counties in New York. We embrace a mission to promote multi-culturalism by acquainting children of any background with Chinese language and culture. Through such a journey together, we strive to enhance self-esteem and self-worth in ALL children by creating opportunities and experiences which enrich ALL children, their families and our community at large.
We are committed to providing support services for those in need. Our students, faculty, and parents have been active in providing a range of programs and services to our members and the surrounding communities, including:
- Running book Drives to help other schools who were the victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Establishing an online information exchange in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy
- Facilitating research projects for enhancing cultural awareness
- Volunteering professional services and expertise to the broader community
- Offering free tutoring programs
- Raising funds for families facing serious illness or death
- Helping families with house sales and moving needs
- Coordinating social activities for seniors via Grandparents’ Clubs
In addition, HXNYC has demonstrated pride in its school and the spirit of inclusiveness by inviting the general public to attend its events, such as the Chinese New Year Temple Fair, the Mid-Autumn Festival BBQ, and sporting events hosted at the school facilities or elsewhere.
HXNYC continues to seek new ways to build a harmonious and cohesive community by encouraging collaboration and bridging gaps. We want to hear from you if you have any ideas or thoughts about strengthening the ties between our school and the larger community we live in.